When it comes to updating the interior of your home, one of the items that delivers a big impact to a room is new carpeting. It is important that you protect your investment by properly caring for your carpeting. The following five tips for maintenance of carpeting will keep yours looking new for years to come.
1. The first tip to maintaining your carpet is actually a do not. Do not use harsh chemicals on your carpeting to clean it. Chemicals that are not meant to be used on carpets are likely to weaken the fibers of the carpet. It will cause premature decay of the carpet if not destroy it outright. There are specific chemicals that are to be used in carpet cleaners and for spot treating that are meant specifically for the job.
2. Use a cleaner that is meant specifically for carpeting. Read all instructions on the packaging to ensure that you are using it properly. It is important to read the labels to find the cleaners that do not contain dangerous chemicals that may harm your carpeting, pets, or family. There are eco friendly carpet cleaners available that are friendly to the environment and the carpet. It is still necessary to follow all directions on these cleaners as well.
3. One of the best ways to keep the dirt out of your carpeting is to keep the dirt from your home in the first place. This means that everyone should take their shoes off when entering the house. The bottoms of shoes are the perfect place to house dirt. This results in dirt being imbedded in the carpeting when it is walked on. Keeping the dirt outside is half of the battle when you are trying to keep your carpets clean.
4. To keep your carpet looking great it is necessary to keep it free from stains and spots. Spot cleaning your carpet immediately when spills happen will keep it looking great. Spot cleaning eliminates the possibility of the dirt to attach itself to the carpet fibers.
5. Perhaps the most important type of maintenance to be done on a carpet is regular vacuuming. Frequent vacuuming is very important to the health of your carpeting. Keeping the dirt out of the fibers of the carpet will not only keep the carpet looking nice, but also it keeps the dirt from destroying the fibers in the carpet.
If you have additional questions about carpet maintenance, or are interested in a quote, you can reach us via the contact form, or by phone.