Carpet is one of the most popular home flooring options available. Fresh new carpeting can provide a house with a new visual twist and increases the overall comfort. Be warned, incorrect installation and innocent, but unknowing, “do-it-yourselfers” can easily ruin the highest quality of carpets. Metro Atl. Floors provides useful tips and “how to’s” for carpet installation and maintenance in our blog. Also, if you live in the Atlanta Ga area, you are welcome to give us a call and we can visit your home for a free in-home consultation.
Here are some details on the different carpet types. Hopefully this information will help you better make your decision.
Cut Loop Carpet
- When parts of a looped carpet are cut so as to create intricate patterns. The pattern created gives the carpet a unique beauty and vibrant texture. If you are looking to create a picturesque living room, with a luxurious and warm ambiance, your search ends here.
- This is the basic form of carpeting and is basically an uncut version of a cut loop carpet. You see a smooth and even surface in a looped carpet, unlike the cut loop carpet. If you are looking to renovate a part of your home that has heavy footfall traffic, you would want to install a looped carpet. A looped carpet is available in a multitude of colors and styles. You can also give a desired finish to improve the aesthetic value.
- Berber carpet is another derivative of looped carpet. It has many advantages such as: easy maintenance, a long life span, and is available in a variety of attractive colors. It is available as natural and synthetic fibers. A Berber carpet is comes in these different types :
- Level Loop: If all the loops have the same height, it is a level loop Berber carpet. This variety can incorporate printed designs on the carpet. It is not of high density and is easy to maintain.
- Textured Loop: This type of carpet has loops with different heights and creates an appealing pattern and look. It is common to use threads that are different colors to accentuate the carpet and make a more intricate design.
- Multilevel Loops: Very similar to the textured loop, the multilevel loop has an increase in the length of its loops. This increases the amount of variation available in the carpet design and makes for an interesting look.
Add some coziness and new personality to your home by putting in some fresh carpeting. Metro Atl Floors can help you choose the appropriate carpet type and look for your home. Call us for a FREE in home consultation!