Installing new wood floors in your home comes with a lot of choices to make. One of those key choices, and a question Metro gets asked a lot about, is the color of the wood floors. To have an appealing aesthetic look, the color of your floors must complement the inclusions in your home, which include, walls, furnishings, cabinetry, architecture and overall color scheme. Metro Atl. Floors has shared some tips that will hopefully make your decision an easier one.
- Room size is an important factor to consider. It would be wise to take into account ceiling height and the openness of a room when choosing a wood color. If a room is on the smaller side, a dark color would not be recommended because it may make the room look gloomy and dense.
- Lighter colors have a tendency to make the areas they occupy look larger and expansive, and are a recommended choice for smaller rooms. Darker shades represent a more formal look and bring out the warmth in elements. A darker color could be recommended for a spacious room that needs a warmer touch.
- It is better to not match the wood floor color with the colors of the other elements in the room. Metro recommends that our clients use colors that contrast and compliment the room’s walls and furniture.
- Take advantage of flooring samples. Pictures do not give you a full idea of what the floor will look like in your home. We recommend choosing a few samples that you are a fan of and bringing them back to your home. Observe how the different samples look in your home at different times of the day. Also, take into consideration how the samples contrast with your walls, furniture, and other elements in the room. After trying the samples out in your home, you should have an idea of which is your favorite.
- If you are interested in concealing scratches, small dents or dust, natural colored floors with matte finishes would be a good route to go with.
- Natural colored floors are consider the most classic look. A popular modern choice for home interiors has been the dark and black tones. There is also the more bold choice of colors like red, that can add character to a home or office.
There is a slew of options for the color of your hardwood floors. There isn’t a standard way of making this decision; it’s pretty much up to your preference. Metro Atl. Floors hopes that you found this information useful and that you enjoy your wood floor experience.